April 2, 2011

Mosaic Box

Just a quick little project I wanted to share with you...this cute mosaic box

I didn't make it, but found it at a thrift store. 
 It's in perfect condition... not a tile out of place. 
 It's about 10" long x 6" wide and about 5" tall

Someone placed each of these tiny tiles by hand!

It was so hard to get a good photo. 
 They are iridescent tiles...so pretty, and detailed

When I saw the box at a thrift store, the colors made me think of these knobs I had.  
I got these at a yard sale years ago.  
I only have five of them and just haven't had a place to use them yet.

I added one knob for the lid and the other four for feet.

These knobs are a perfect match to this box


I even took it outside trying to capture the iridescence but it still didn't do it justice, 
it looks much better in person

I have it on my dresser ;)

Join me on Facebook and Pinterest too!


1 comment:

  1. Love, love love those knobs! Something like that takes that special project to really make a fit. Some people call it hording but they are the ones that don't understand you can't just slap someting that special on a piece. That is very cool! Is the box heavy?
    -Bethanie

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips