September 23, 2010

Desk Organizer Made from a Wooden Breadbox Makeover Repurposed DIY

desk organizer from a wooden breadbox
This is a little desk or counter organizer that I made from
an old wooden breadbox/


I forgot to take a before photo but mine looked
very similar to this one.

desktop organizer from a breadbox
 I removed the rolling tambour piece and added decorative wooden brackets for dividers.
I also built a little drawer using scrap wood and added a fun knob.

diy office organizer storage
 I primed it, painted in off white, brushed on watered down brown paint
then wiped off to give it an antiqued look.

It lives on my kitchen counter to corral papers, bills due, etc.
but would be great on a desk too.

diy desk organizer makeover
This great photo was sent to me by one of my readers, Lorena, who was inspired to 
make an organizer of her own... I love it!

black desk organzier diy makeover from a breadbox
I also make this black desk organizer from a breadbox
and added black and white stripes and a clock face.

Visit my Etsy store to see what's new
or find me on Facebook and Pinterest too.

Thanks for stopping by

4 comments:

  1. Lucy ~ where'd you get the decorative brackets at?

    Thanx ~ Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh Lorena, I think I picked them up at a garage sale but I know I've seen almost identical ones at Home Depot. Be sure and post a picture if you make one! I would love to see it
    Hope this helps!
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be one of the cutest and most ingenious recycle ideas I've come across in a very long time. How creative of you! I love it. Now I'm going to be scouring the thrift stores for a breadbox to make my own out of...thanks for the super idea.
    Peace & Love,
    ~Barb~

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips