April 23, 2011

Yellow Zebra Armoire

Brace yourself!  Fun and funky armoire coming up...

I LOVE animal print and have been on a zebra kick lately. 
  Zebra table, Zebra Mirror and now this armoire.

Here's how it started. 
You can see my note above about the carved flowers...that was my first priority...fill those babies in with wood putty!

After being filled, sanded and painted,
it's like the whole ugly flower thing never happened.
I don't have any during pics and you'll just have to excuse the "after" ones since they are all taken in my garage because this thing is HEAVY and I'm not moving it until I have to!

Some fun details on the sides...

Some gold stripe action throughout...

I used these round wooden finial pieces from spindles for the knobs...

You know I can't just leave the inside plain! 
Well, you may not know that... but I can't.

It has a drawer on the inside too...





I'll be taking it to my booth at Smith's Antiques and Interiors
...SOLD

Find me on Facebook and Pinterest too!

Sharing with...

4 comments:

  1. I am crazy in love with your armoire! I wish I had your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over from Becolorful - are you even KIDDING me? That is awesome! Way to go you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning..off to see what else you have painted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yellow and black contrast. Amazing...love it!

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips