September 11, 2011

Hand Painted Wooden Christmas Ornaments for Pet Shop with Paw Prints, Animal Print, Dots and Stripes

Click any photo twice for a closer look
I was recently commissioned to paint 
three dozen Christmas ornaments 
for The Posh Pupa pet store in Tulsa Oklahoma.

There's actually a fun story behind it..
.  
The owner of The Posh Pup was vacationing in Destin, where I live, and visited Smith's Antiques
 which is where I currently sell my painted pieces.
She saw a couple of the painted dog beds I've been making, 
(You can see those HereHere, and Here.) and really liked them.

When she got home from vacation she was Googling dog items 
for her shop... saw photos of my dog beds that she had seen in Smith's...
clicked over to my blog... then to my Facebook Page... 
and sent me a message from there.
Isn't that cool?
I guess we can never underestimate the power of all of our wonderful social media tools huh? :)

We emailed back and forth and she decided on 
fun and funky painted ornaments with a design
 on one side and paw print on the other....

I started with precut 3" wood circles, drilled a hole for the hanger, 
sprayed with primer and then started with the fun stuff...

I painted little ornaments....

Little gift boxes and zebra prints....

colorful packages...

whimiscal trees...

dots and paw prints in all different color combos...

more zebra and paws....

more ornaments....

swirls and plaids...

and of course you have to throw in a little animal print too....

I used a gold paint pen on the edges to finish them off.

I hung them on this little tree with plain hangars just to get pics.  
She will be using ribbon and swirly hangers to hang them.

Thanks to Gail at The Posh Pup!

Join me on Facebook and Pinterest too!

2 comments:

  1. Lucy those are PRECIOUS!! You are so creative and talented. I am SO glad I found you in Florida and happy you agreed to do these for me. THANK YOU so much! Can't wait to get them....OKLAHOMA loves you and so do we at The Posh Pup!

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips