December 18, 2010

Christmas Decor in My Home and Hand Painted Zebra, Rubik's Cube and Diamond Pattern Christmas Stockings

My Home at Christmas and hand painted stockings
and how I decorated it, so I thought I'd show you the rest of my
Christmas decorations.

vintage ornaments in glass jars on mantel
Even though I stuff ornaments into every empty space on my tree, 
I still have quite a few ornaments left.
This year I put them in big glass jars on the mantel so I can still enjoy them.

glass jar with vintage ornaments
Most of my vintage ornaments are from thrift shops and yard sales 
and some are from my childhood. 
I hung a glittered "believe" sign from this jar.

colorful Christmas mantel
I used glittery mesh fabric along with decorative
 silver balls and big silver candlesticks .

vintage glass ornaments
Just look at all that vintage-y goodness ;)

gold paper mache deer decoration
My little paper mache deer rescued from a store dumpster with his garland collar ...

Christmas decor in my home
You really can't tell but on this 70 degree day in Florida, 
I even lit and by "lit" I mean I flipped a switch to turn it on
the fireplace for this pic.

large hand made clock
The huge clock? I made it. 
I used to make and sell 3-4 foot clocks.

Christmas decor Lucy Designs
I don't really go overboard with Christmas decorations but I 
did add a few touches to this side of the room.

feather boa Christmas wreath
This is hanging above my hand painted dresser in the living room. 
 I wrapped a styrofoam wreath form with a feather boa in this apple green color that I love, 
added an animal print ribbon to hang it and another word sign ~ "Joy"

hand painted diamond pattern, zebra and Rubik's cube Christmas stockings
Our stockings are hung... 
I made hand painted canvas stockings for me and my boys.

Rubik's cube hand painted Christmas stocking
This Rubik's cube design is my oldest son Trevor's stocking.
He's one of those people that can solve a Rubik's cube in seconds.

hand painted Rubik's cube stocking
 I didn't draw it out first, just dove right in.  
The trick here is using a paint brush that is the same size that you want your squares. 

hand painted Christmas stocking cuff
  I used a fabric paint in a bottle to make the squiggly's on the stocking cuffs.

hand painted zebra print black and white Christmas stocking
This is Max's, my youngest, black and white zebra stocking,
 'cause he's all rock and roll like that

hand painted leopard print and harlequin stocking
Ahhhh then mine...animal print and diamond pattern in my favorite green.

hand painted animal print leopard Christmas stocking
Me-ow.

colorful Christmas decor in my home
I hope you enjoyed the tour. Merry Christmas!

Join me on Facebook and Pinterest too
Visit my Etsy Store to see more hand painted stockings,
gifts and more

3 comments:

  1. These are amazing. I'd be thrilled if you'd stop by and link them up to our Christmas stocking linky party, going on all weekend.

    http://boyohboyohboycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. its all so pretty and fun! i am coveting that clock, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I not see that wreath all over blogland this season? It's beautiful. If you decide you want a new one next year just send me that one, OK? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips