December 17, 2010

DIY Peace Sign Christmas Wreath Using Garland

diy peace sign wreath
DIY Peace sign wreath

peace sign wood wreath cut out
I started by drawing a peace sign shape on a piece of plywood and cut it out
with the jigsaw. I wasn't too precise since I knew it would be covered.

peace sign wood wreath
I sprayed with green spray paint in case any of the wood
happened to peek through the garland.

bag of Christmas evergreen garland
I found a giant bag full of garland at a garage sale for a couple of 
dollars. It's the old fashioned plastic-y kind. 
I actually think the plastic type of garland looks more realistic.

diy peace sign wreath and supplies
I cut the garland into manageable pieces and attached it to the form 
using green floral wire.

hand made peace sign wreath
After it was all attached, I had a few bare spots on the edges.
I used hot glue to cover the exposed edges with little pieces of garland

hot glue on wreath edges
The hot glue did the trick.

diy peace sign Christmas wreath
I added a small d-ring hanger on the back.

diy peace sign Christmas garland wreath
and here it is all finished. 

peace sign Christmas wreath
I knew this wouldn't show up well on my dark front door 
so it's hanging on my back door for now.

Peace! :)

Join me on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest or
Visit my Etsy store and see what's new!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed that you found a way to make your own. Great job!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! It actually looked real in the pictures. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, I actually saw this idea on The Rachael Ray Show a week or two ago. They did a larger version which was pretty awesome.

    http://www.alwaysinwonder.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it....very cute, Sherron

    Stop by my blog by Jan 3 for a great candle give-a-way

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is awesome!! if you have a chance come link up to handmade tuesdays @ www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips