October 2, 2011

Front Door Makeover, Painting a Front Door

painting a front door makeover
Just completed this door makeover for a client

This is a chandelier in her dining room and she wanted a similar 
metallic finish

door makeover in metallic finish
Close-up...it's kind of a bronzey color

before and after front door makeover diy
This is how they started. Nothing terribly wrong with them, just a little 
faded looking.

painting a front door in decorative metallic finish
I taped off the hardware and edges and used the same process as her
garage door makeover except I used the exisiting base coat on the door.
This is after I brushed on watered down black exterior paint and wiped 
away the excess.


painting a front door before and after
This is the final look after the metallic finish was dry brushed on.
I painted the inside of the doors as well with the same finish
It was hard to get a good pic of them from inside,
 too much of a glare but they look just like this!

front door makeover before and after
She loved them.
I also freshened up the 2 urns that you see at the door as well.

repainting planter pots for exterior
Before on the left, after on the right
The client has some beautiful topiaries she will be putting in them.
Thanks for stopping by,
Visit my new online store featuring mosaic art and coastal style ornaments. 
Find me on FacebookPinterest, InstagramYoutube

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, what an amazing transformation to that door...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented. Beautiful garage door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The images are amazing and wonderful, good stuffinterior door designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new finish on your door. The darker varnish gives a classier, sort of vintage look.

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips