April 23, 2012

Hand Made Dog Bed from an End Table Glam dog bed

glamorous dog bed design
Update 2014 I'm no longer creating the dog beds and 
they are completely sold out. Thank you for your past
support and purchases.
Visit my new online shop featuring my mosaic art.
Thank you!
Gray and White dog bed with reversible hand painted cushion

make dog bed from end table
It started as one of those tables with the gold strip on it. 
Let's just say I was determined to make
 it NOT look like that anymore haha

making a dog bed from end table
Even after priming and base coat, I could still "see" that plastic gold strip...bleh...

dog bed creation
So I removed the frame section...

So I could remove that hideous, no offense if you have this kind of table,  gold section...

how to make dog bed from end table
Then I glued and screwed the frame piece back in place...
much better!

stained glass dog bone
Recently when I was working on a mosaic surfboard,
I made a few of these mosaic dog bones while I had all my materials out.
I cut them out of plywood then added the stained glass...these in the 
pic haven't been grouted yet. 

gold bone for dog bed
I decided to use the gold one on this bed

glamorous dog bed
Cute little gold feet...
Strange that I worked hard to get rid of that gold strip
and here I am adding gold back into the bed...but I think it looks
great with the gray and white.

grey dog bed
I also added these gold painted wood buttons that are glued AND nailed into place.
Yes, I pre-drilled a tiny hole in each one so I could tap a nail in.
I didn't want any babies or doggies thinking those are for snacking

grey and white striped dog bed
The back...

lucy designs dog bed
Without the cushion

dog bed cushion with dog bone hand painted
I made a cushion to fit then painted with white bones on one side and...


hand painted paw print
A big gold paw print and white dots on the other side...

hand painted dog bed
Thanks for taking a look at my latest dog bed.
Visit my online store featuring my mosaic art.
You can also find some of my pieces in my Etsy store
as well as InstagramFacebookPinterest and my Youtube channel.

3 comments:

  1. You are so imaginative & creative! I could have stared at that thing for a week & still just see an 80's style end table! I've been reading your blog like mad since I discovered it a few days ago & I'm starting to view my "junk" as endless possibilities! (Of course my husband is cringing at the thought of teaching me to use power tools & the expense of supplies!) Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alex, I appreciate that! Get those power tools out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute dog bed! You are so resourceful and really creative. You should also treat your pet to the dog boarding in Long Island at least once a month so he'll be completely happy.

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips