May 1, 2012

Dragonfly graffiti inspired funky chair leg dragonfly

lucy designs dragonfly
Update as of Spring 2016, I'm no longer making the dragonflies.
I sincerely appreciate all the past orders, thank you!
Please visit my new online shop featuring my coastal and 
nature themed mosaics. 

Graffiti inspired funky dragonfly

studded dragonfly body
for the body, I used a chair leg, painted it distressed black and studded it with 
thumbtacks from the dollar store. 
 I sanded the tacks after they were hammered in to give them a brushed look.

layered paint

block painting
I created a layered paint finish trying to give it the look of an old
worn sign with numbers and letters.

old signage dragonfly
I was trying to recreate the look of the metal wing dragonflies 
I made previously 

funky dragonfly art
I added a vintage swirled handle at the tail...

vintage wrench for dragonfly eyes
Vintage wrench for the eyes...

how to attach wings on fan blade dragonfly
The back is painted, signed and ready to hang

lucy designs dragonfly art
Thanks for taking a look!
Visit my new store or find me on InstagramFacebookYoutube and Pinterest
I still have items and reduced original paintings in my Etsy shop as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips