September 25, 2010

DIY Headboard Made From RePurposed Wooden Garage Door Panels

headboard from recycled doors garage doors
This is a headboard piece I made from wooden garage doors I found at a thrift store.
I had to cut them down for the height to fit in my house...
you don't realize how big a garage door is until you see it unassembled!

I hinged three of them together for the headboard.
I made a room divider with the rest of the panels, but that has been sold and unfortunately,
I don't have a picture but it was pretty cool.

recycled headboard
They were already the off white color,
So I dry brushed them a little with some tan paint and added the wooden decorative plaques.

Thanks for checking out this quick makeover

Visit my Etsy store to check out what's new
or find me on Facebook and Pinterest 

2 comments:

  1. You are good! Love your transformations. You need to post at Funky Junk Interiors on her Saturday Night Special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a nice post I love to know about garage doors and services thanks for the great information.

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips