February 17, 2011

Headboard Cafe' Sign

Just finished this Cafe' sign...
 made it from a wooden headboard and picture frame molding for the letters

What I started with

Painted it white with light gray stripes and distressed it. 
This is one of those projects that turns out great, you take pictures and then....wha??
Somehow the pics just don't do it justice.  I promise it looks so much better in person!

Spray painted the letters black then dry brushed on metallic paint.

Added these wooden fish I already had...just sanded them down for a distressed look

Here it is in my kitchen just to give you an idea of the scale, it's pretty big.
Unfortunately I'm not one of those bloggers that beautifully stages their photos, so you'll just have to work with me on the "propped up" look!

This will be going to my booth where I sell my pieces

Join me on Facebook and Pinterest too!

Sharing with

5 comments:

  1. SO unique! You have such an eye for creating, I could never dream that up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh...this is Lindsey from BetterAfter, by the way. As you can see I am too lazy to switch profiles tonight... I should go to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect--very cool sign! Thanks so much for linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucy-

    This is such a great use of all the scraps saved from misc projects. I am going to be looking at my scrap pile a bit differently now.

    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips