April 22, 2011

Thrift Store Clocks Transformed into Painted Mirrors with Zebra Stripes

Guess I'm on a clock kick because here is another project using old clocks. 

I finished a clock table yesterday, you can see it here
I love oversized things too and have made 
a lot of giant clocks in the past....the bigger the better!

This is one I made that is in my home, it's about 4 feet in diameter with a heavily distressed finish

This is how the mirrors started... three different broken clocks

Cool little metal detail on this one.

I cut the centers out with the jigsaw, painted and added mirrors...that's it!

Guess I'm on a zebra kick too because I painted this 
one with a zebra pattern and I recently painted a zebra table
AND I'm working on a zebra armoire...I know!

I just love this little metal piece on this one

I painted all three with a cream base, gave them a little glaze and black accents.

This one is the same color as the other two, it's looking kind of yellow here though.
I had already hung it at Smith's Antiques and Interiors where I have a booth, and realized I never had an after picture.


Join me on Facebook and Pinterest too!

1 comment:

  1. very nice,, zebra stripes look really good. I have a hard time painting those, they never look quite right.

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips