February 4, 2017

Abstract and Colorful Flower Paintings and Mini Paintings

colorful dragonfly painting
Happy 2017!

I started this year by lightening up and having a little fun with 
some colorful paintings.

dragonfly with graffiti wings
I've worked with layering paint to create designs before like this

distressed table leg dragonfly
show how to create this look using a block of wood and paint.

recycled architectural angel sculpture with layered paint finish
I used the same block painting technique on this 
recycled architectural angel to give it an antique feel.

A few months ago while in bed with a cold, I watched 
Carrie Schmitt Surprise Garden online video course. 
It's about an hour long and well worth the $20 bucks.
It gets your mind flowing about different ways to utilize
paint layering techniques.

colorful bug paintings
I started with these three.
They were painted on 16 x 16 cradled wood panels that I made.
See the video on my You Tube Channel.

scarab beetle painting

colorful flower painting

textured gold leaf beetle painting

textured dragonfly painting
A dragonfly...

fun, colorful dragonfly painting
I added gold metal leafing for a little sparkle.

colorful flower painting
It's fun seeing what direction the painting takes you.

abstract dragonfly painting
Second dragonfly (sold)

flower and vine painting

colorful flower painting
I love the colors and texture in these.

textured abstract flower paintings
This pair is made on 12 x 24 canvas. Sold individually but 
they look great together. See them in my shop or check them 
out on You Tube.

whimsical flowers
Lots of orange and pinks in this flower painting.

layered paint flowers

textured painting

whimsical flower paintings
Perfect for the colorful home, a nursery or girl's room.

abstract layered paint


abstract flowers



Fresh Art...
Oh! I just added these adorable mini paintings to the shop too.
They are 4" x 4" canvases, include a mini wood easel and 
FREE First Class shipping.
See them all under "mini paintings" section in my shop.

mini dragonfly painting
The perfect size for a desk, bedside, dresser or shelf and just right
for gift giving.

gift wrap option
Thanks for taking a look!

Visit my new online store featuring mosaic art and coastal style ornaments. 
Find me on FacebookPinterest, InstagramYoutube
Cheers!
~Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips