September 24, 2010

DIY Bookshelf Makeover using Recycled Spindles, Table Legs, Molding and Studs


diy bookshelf repurposed makeover
The "after" of my bookshelf makeover...

wooden bookshelf makeover
I forgot to take a before photo but it looked something like this, 
basic oak shelf, from my 90's oak furniture phase.
It was still functional for me but I couldn't stand how it looked.

wooden bookcase makeover with molding
After priming, painting and "antiquing" with a brown wash,
I cut wooden balustrades in half and attached those to the sides
of the bookcase with glue and finishing nails.
bookshelf makeover with molding and balustrades
I also attached crown molding at the top and pounded antiqued brass
upholstery tacks into the shelf front.

bookcase makeover diy
The half circle shutter piece was something I had found at an antique store.
It was already the perfect color and I just propped it on top.
 I added molding around the bottom too.

Thanks for checking out my bookcase makeover!

Stop by my Etsy store to see what's new
or visit with me on Facebook and Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. saw this over at Beckie's place! Great job. I love the addition of the spindles. I have a table saw, but I haven't cut these yet. I think a band saw would be better. (I don't have one)
    I love the way this turned out.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gol-leeee, this is amazing. You are so good at this..
    I signed up to follow! :))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's the same bookshelf! Nicely done!

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic and uniquely yours. Love it!
    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is incredibly creative and what a difference. I would never have guessed what the original bookshelf looked like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wo! That is gorgeous!!
    Now I have to decide whether to do mine or not. =)

    blessings
    barbara jeanw

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so creative and fantastic. I love the perfect storage and you have accomplished this.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so creative! I love this.

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips