September 24, 2010

Hand Made Wall Hung Entry Table with Recycled Chair Arm Brackets and Hand Painted Diamond Harlequin Pattern


entry way striped table black and white checks hand painted
I don't have an official entryway in my home but I needed
a place by the front door to drop keys and mail. 

I don't have a "before" photo but it started as just a box with drawers that
I found  at a yard sale for $2 and it was the perfect size for this space.

I painted it with black and cream checks and stripes and added fun ceramic knobs.

The curvy brackets are from a broken chair that had the most beautiful curved arms
and I cut them off before it went to chair heaven.


black and white check and striped table
I love diamond, check and stripe designs and love to paint them. 
I very rarely draw them out on the surface before painting but
prefer to freehand them for a more 'painterly' effect.

recycled chair parts on a table hand painted black and white checks
The drawer part is attached to the wall with large L-brackets.
I screwed the curvy brackets into the bottom of the drawer as well as the wall.

Thanks for checking out my little table!

Visit my Etsy store to see what's new or
find me on Facebook and Pinterest too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy, Love it!!! You do great work. I enjoyed looking at your site... I will be back often.
    Thanks,
    Heather H
    I'm also your newest follower!!!Yeaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, I'm a follower of yours now too! I love your blog AND checked out your Etsy store too....amazing work! I LOVE it

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips