October 7, 2010

DIY Alphabet Letters Made Using Decorative Picture Frame Molding Scraps

I have a big stash of picture frame molding that I'm always using for different projects.
I've used it on my 4 ft wooden butterfly, my 5ft dragonflythe kitchen hutch makeover and on my bookshelf makeover...just to name a few!
Check out the "things to make with molding" category to see more ideas.

All of this molding is so detailed and pretty and I decided it would be cool 
to use some of it to make funky letters and words.  

things to make with molding scraps
I left the existing gold finishes on these "love" letters, 
I love the mismatched look of all the combined molding.

I cut the angles with my miter saw and attached them together with wood glue.
I also used little pieces of wood to connect the corners (attached on the back).

picture frame molding letters
They are all pretty large, and range from 12" to 18" tall.  More "EAT" letters...
This molding already had the whitewashed distressed look.

picture molding letters art
And I made a couple for myself, two big initial letters for my last name. This one in golds and ...

picture molding scrap art
.....another one in black.

hand painted letters
These aren't molding, I actually cut them out of wood with a jigsaw
 and painted with an olive leaf pattern.

picture molding art
This set of molding letters was a sign I made for a local bakery. 
I spray painted the letters in glossy black and attached to a striped, painted board.

Thanks for checking out my picture molding letters!

Stop by my Etsy shop or visit me on Facebook and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips