October 3, 2010

Foam Pumpkin Makeover Using Power Tools and Fun Hand Painted Pumpkins

rotozip carved pumpkins
These are foam pumpkins that I carved using my Rotozip spiral saw....so quick and easy. 
I didn't even draw out a pattern before I carved them, I just kind of went for it. 

 I've actually used the Rotozip to carve real pumpkins  and a cat faced pumpkin too.
It worked out pretty well!

power tool carved pumpkin

rotozip handmade halloween foam pumpkin
I added metal leaves that I already had but repainted and stuck them into the foam pumpkin.
 I also coiled thin copper wire on the end of a pencil, removed and used that for tendrils

hand painted pumpkins
I bought these plain, white foam pumpkins, painted with acrylics
 and sealed with spray sealer

polka dot pumpkin
Polka Dots

hand painted pumkins
The black polka dot one is sitting on a candlestick I painted a while back.
Happy Halloween!

Visit my new online store for coastal and nature themed mosaic art, and
coastal ornaments. 
Find me on FacebookPinterest, InstagramYoutube
Cheers!
~Lucy

10 comments:

  1. What a fun blog you have. I'm looking forward to following you. I invite you to visit me and, if so inspired, please do likewise. I love your before and afters, as well as these pumpkins and your black ravens. I'm a big fan of joint compound myself! I really like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, thank you! I checked out your blog and now I'm following you as well. Oh my,I'll be spending some time checking out all those great projects and ideas...awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy (is that your name?) These are darling, very very cute, and the BEST part, is they get to come out every year to make smiles. I just love the swirly designs you did. I am hosting a halloween link party **6 weeks 2 Spook** and would so love if you came to link these up. Hope to see your adorable pumpkins on there soon, Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bella! thanks for the invite...I will definitely come over and link up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Lucy, LOVE all your decorations for halloween. I am so happy you came to my party to participate **6 weeks 2 Spook**, Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :)

    Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/rotozipped-pumpkins/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Amanda!! Thanks so much! I'm a new follower of Craft Gossip now! I'm so glad when everyone comments so I can find all these awesome new blogs and sites to follow (new to me anyway! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow they turned out great! Good idea to to use your saw to cut it out. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea! I'm surprised that my husband hasn't tried rotozipped pumpkins yet. :)

    - Megan
    www.polishthestars.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rotozipped pumpkins! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips