October 3, 2010

Handmade Spooky Halloween Decor~ Dollar Store Skull Candlesticks

I saw an awesome post from Saw Dust Girl for skull candlesticks
and knew I had to make my own
Here's my version....
diy dollar store Halloween skull decoration candlesticks
I bought skulls at the dollar store but didn't have lamps
 like Sandra used, so I used what I had laying around.

I forgot to take before pics but the skulls were white,
I spray painted them black and dry brushed with different colors to give them a weathered look.  

DIY Dollar store Halloween decor
You can see one of my Handmade oversized ravens in this pic

Halloween plastic skull candlesticks
I don't have a great pic of the tops but they are rusty... 
like... don't cut yourself unless you've had a tetanus shot rusty.
I think they may have come from a metal planter or something

Halloween skull candles
For the bases, I added that heavy metal L bracket on the one on the left, 
partly because it looked cool and partly to give it weight for stability.

I used wooden base pieces I had and threaded leftover scraps of wood and spindles 
onto lamp rods then secured underneath with a nut.
I slapped paint on for a really distressed look.

Halloween ravens DIY and dollar store decor
Spooky!

Visit my new online store for coastal and nature themed mosaic art, and
coastal ornaments. 
Find me on FacebookPinterest, InstagramYoutube
Cheers!
~Lucy

14 comments:

  1. Great post. I think they look awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you...I appreciate the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look. I have the skulls. Just need to find the rest. Oh, yeah, and TIME. LOL
    Yours turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Great idea I just love the skulls!!
    New follower here :)
    Angie
    http://create-it-fab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coolest, scariest candlesticks EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love these. They would be perfect for my Goth Halloween party I am hosting!

    Submit them in my Handmade Halloween Contest starting October 15th.

    Susan,
    http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
    Party and Entertaining Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks all! and Susan, thanks! I will link up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look amazing! Thank you so much for joining my Halloween Link Party!

    - Megan
    www.polishthestars.com

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips