October 8, 2010

Fireplace Makeover from Builder Grade Tiles to Pebble or Stone Mosaic Tile Sheets

pebble mosaic fireplace surround
This is a fireplace surround I made over using sheets of pebble
mosaic tiles. It started with builder grade marble-y looking tiles, just very generic looking...
sorry, no before pic.

pebble rocks fireplace surround makeover
I chipped the tiles off with a hammer and screwdriver then tiled
with pebble mosaic sheets I found on Ebay.

I ended up using the leftover grout that had been used to tile the floor so it worked out great.

fireplace surround makeover using pebble mosaic tiles
Big improvement...trust me!

Don't forget to visit my Etsy store and you can also 
find me on Facebook and Pinterest too

Thanks for checking out the makeover!

1 comment:

  1. Great Idea, I have a marble fireplace too, big slabs of it, and I hate it. I am constantly trying to figure out how to cover it up, without actually ruining the marble, don't need to do that. Any ideas???

    Oh and just a suggestion someone told me about commenting back on your blog, I came back to check if you responded to what I commented on, because I noticed you respond on here, BUT many people may not realize you've responded, and will never see your comment back. So just a suggestion, either respond by email, or I always prefer commenting back on their blog, of course everyone loves getting comments, so this is always a good choice. Just passing on some great advice someone gave me, when I started, and it makes sense. I could never keep up with all the places I comment, so unless you respond back on MY blog, or email me, I will never know you responded. No worries, I love ya tons, so like I said I came back to see your response, but not everyone will be as obssessed as me, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've moved to Lucydesignsart.com to focus on my mosaic art. I'm no longer creating dragonflies or mermaids.

Total Pageviews

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips